1. Grease a swiss roll tin or small roasting dish.
2. Put the Quaker Oats, flour, baking powder and spices in a bowl and mix well.
Cut up the butter into small pieces and add.
3. Rub the butter into the Quaker oats etc. until the mixture is like breadcrumbs (Alternatively, this can be done by putting oats etc. in a food processor and blitzing).
4. Stir in the sugar.
5. Put into greased tin and press down firmly with the back of a fork.
6. Bake for 30 min at Gas Mark 3 until pale brown.
7. Cut into squares or fingers while still warm but leave in the tin until completely cold.
8. Store in an airtight container.