1. Line a 7inch square cake tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Turn on the oven to 180c.
3. Put the margarine, treacle, syrup, sugar, milk, marmalade, and preserved ginger into a good sized saucepan.
4. Heat very gently, stirring to melt and mix together. DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL.
5. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
6. Sieve the flour, spices and bicarbonate of soda together into a large mixing bowl.
7. Add the Quaker Oats and stir well.
8. Beat the eggs a lttle and add to the flour and oats mixture, stir in.
9. Add the treacle mixture and beat together.
10. Pour into the prepared tin.
11. Bake in the middle of the oven for about 1 hour 45 minutes.
12. Allow the gingerbread to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, before turning out onto a wire tray and removing the paper.
It is great with tea and is delicious served with cream or custard as a dessert!