1. Heat the oven to 160c.
2. Line a baking tin with baking parchment.
3. Cut the apples into small chunks.
4. Cook the apple chunks and 25g of the butter in a pan on low heat for ten minutes.
5. Stir in the Quaker Oats.
6. Add the remaining butter, sugar, Golden Syrup, cinnamon and sultanas.
7. Heat gently until the butter has melted then take the pan off the heat.
8. Add the seeds if using them.
9. Mix everything together then spoon into the lined tin. Spread the mixture out and smooth with the back of a spoon. 10. Put the tin on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
11. Take the tin out and let the flapjack cool for ten minutes. Then cut into pieces!