1. Set the oven to fairly hot Gas Mark 6 or 400F/200C.
To make the pastry:
1. Sift the flour and salt into a bowl.
2. Rub in the fat until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Add enough water to get a soft but not sticky dough. Wrap the dough in cling film and chill in fridge if time.
4. Roll out the pastry to line the pie plate or tin.
For the filling:
1. Melt the margarine or butter in a pan.
2. Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar, Quaker Oats,sultanas and lemon juice.
3. Spoon the syrup over the pastry base and then cover by sprinkling the Quaker oat mixture over the top.